Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sewing A Loop Belt

Last night I made a loop belt for the monster because his pants are still a little big.
I went to the sewing shop and got some D links and sewed some material that I had lying around and done.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Couple of D links( I used 20mm)
Pins
Sewing machine
material
Pair of pants for measuring the material around it if child is unavailable

Measure the material with the D link I doubled it because I folded it(it won't matter if the material bunches slightly). I was going to sew it then turn it so it was the right way but the hole was to small, so instead sewed both ends using the zigzag stitch on my machine and the sewed all the way down using the straight stitch. After that done, thread both D Links onto the belt and sew the end of the belt so the links won't come off again I used the zigzag stitch and there is your belt easy as. Any material will do I used a thick material and if like me your not sure about changing the thread to match the material or its a bit of a hassle and don't want to change it, it will add colour to the belt as you will notice in the pic
Not a great pic


No comments:

Post a Comment