Monday, January 14, 2013

Slower Cooker Lamb Knuckles & Self Sauce Pudding

Got a couple of Lamb knuckles in the shopping last week reduced to clear might i add, I try and get all my meat reduced makes the shopping bit cheaper anyway. So thought I'd cook them in the slow cooker turned out really good, Google helped with looking for a recipe easy-slow-cooker-lamb-shanks Jules Food is the blog that I got the recipe from. I did mine slightly different used hers as more of a guide.

I only had 2 Knuckles
2-3 garlic cloves cut really finely
1 onion finely chopped into slithers
2-3 carrots chopped
4 sprigs rosemary put under the knuckles
I also put about 1/4 cup maybe less of white wine vinegar and just covered with water because i didn't have any stock which Im sure it would have tasted better with

I chopped up the garlic, carrots and onion and put them in the slow cooker. I browned the knuckles before putting in the slow cooker and just covered with water and the little bit of white wine vinegar. put it on low and let it do its thing, had it on bit longer then 8 hours, but its was falling off the bone. It was rather yum.

Oh and I made a gravy with the liquid, took out a cup and added a Tbsp of gravy mix and added some cornflour to help thicken it and threw in some of the onion. Cheats onion gravy

Dessert. I can't remember where I got this from
Chocolate Self Sauce Pudding
CAKE
100g butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsps cocoa powder
11/3 cups flour
4 Tbsps baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
 SAUCE
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
4 Tbsps cocoa powder
*3 cups boiling water

Turn oven on 180*C. Melt butter & mix in the sugar and cocoa. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined. Mix in milk and vanilla essence. Put in dish. Put on top brown and white sugars and the cocoa powder. Just before putting in the oven. Pour over the boiling water. Bake 40 mins. Serve immediately.
Note: I found that 2 cups of boiling water didn't make it saucy enough for me but you can add more or less if you wish.
 Now am going to go eat dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment